On-Site Rental Car
If you have just been in an accident, we realize you have a lot on your mind right now. However, if your car needs body work, you’re going to need a rental car to get to and from work tomorrow. No problem – Car Struction can help!
Here’s what to do next:
- First, call your insurance company.
- Next, call Carstruction to make sure we can take your insurance claim.
- Once our technician arrives, simply hop in our tow truck and ride to our location.
- Arrange a car rental through Car Struction’s on-site rental car service to get you to where you need to go until we have your vehicle ready for pickup.
- Car Struction will work diligently to restore your vehicle to factory condition in a timely fashion.
- Finally, when it’s time for pickup, drive the rental car back to Car Struction and ride off into the sunset in your own restored vehicle.
It’s that easy! We’re here for you, so if you live in the Chesapeake, Virginia area, don’t hesitate to call us with any questions.
We have an on-site Enterprise terminal for all Geico and ARX customers. If you don’t have Geico or ARX, no worries! Enterprise will still pick you up and bring you to their facility to get your rental car.
Chesapeake Neighborhoods we serve:
Do You Work with Insurance Companies?
We work with all insurance companies, and in fact, we are a direct repair facility for many insurance companies. So, let us know who is your provider.
If My Vehicle’s Frame has Damage, is it a Total Loss?
Frame damage is no longer the nail in the coffin for a damaged vehicle. Modern equipment, techniques, and advanced expertise of the technician allow for even severely-damaged frames to be repaired. Of course, the less damage, the better the likelihood of saving the car.
Can Car Struction Match my Paint Color Exactly?
Absolutely. In addition to working with Porsche and Mercedes-Benz closely to keep paint formulations on hand, our paint technicians can flawlessly blend the new paint into the existing paint of your vehicle.
How Many Estimates Do I Need?
We work with your insurance company to establish an estimate, as do many collision repair centers. Getting multiple estimates is generally not advantageous, as they will all be nearly identical.
Do I Need an Appointment?
We do suggest scheduling an appointment through our easy-to-use form ahead of time. If you find yourself short on time, then please give us a call and we will fit you in as soon as we can.
What Happens if Additional Damage is Found After the Estimate?
Unfortunately, the first observation and inspection doesn’t always discover deep-down damages. During the course of repair, we may find further issues that need to be addressed. In this case, we will contact the insurance company for authorization to pay for any supplemental damages. Then we will notify you before we take further action.